If you need to question an editorial decision, your first step should be to contact the editorial staff at firstname.lastname@example.org about your particular issue. If you are not satisfied with the Journal’s response, your next point of contact is our ombudsman whose task is to record and, when required, investigate allegations of editorial maladministration. Our files will be freely open to his or her inspection, and confidentiality will be respected in all cases. Our ombudsman’s remit will not extend to areas covered in editorial content and editorial policy.
What our ombudsman can investigate
- Delays in handling submitted manuscripts or letters
- Failure to follow procedures outlined in the Journal’s "Information for Authors"
- Accusations of editorial dishonesty, favoritism, bias, or conflicts of interest.
What our ombudsman cannot investigate
- Criticisms about editorial content
- Accusations of scientific misconduct
- Any complaint that has not first been submitted to the Journal
- Any complaint raised by individuals who are not authors
Contact the ombudsman
Our current ombudsman is Thomas Roth, PhD; he can be contacted by emailing email@example.com.