Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Sleep Health: Journal of the National Sleep Foundation
- Ecological models of health behavior.in: Glanz K Rimer BK Viswanath K Health Behavior: Theory, Research, and Practice. 5th ed. Jossey-Bass Inc, San Francisco, CA2015: 43-64
- What keeps low-SES children from sleeping well: the role of presleep worries and sleep environment.Sleep Med. 2015; 16: 496-502
- Linear and nonlinear associations between the sleep environment, presleep conditions, and sleep in adolescence: moderation by race and socioeconomic status.Sleep Med. 2022; 93: 90-99
- Environmental determinants of insufficient sleep and sleep disorders: implications for population health.Curr Epidemiol Rep. 2018; 5: 61-69
- Physical and social environment relationship with sleep health and disorders.Chest. 2020; 157: 1304-1312
- Neighborhood environments and sleep among children and adolescents: a systematic review.Sleep Med Rev. 2021; 57101465
- Sleep as a potential fundamental contributor to cardiovascular health disparities.Annu Rev Public Health. 2016; 36: 417-440
- Community violence concerns and adolescent sleep.Sleep Health. 2016; 2: 57-62
- The role of sleep in the relation between community violence exposure and delinquency among Latino adolescents.J Community Psychol. 2014; 42: 723-734
- Violence and vigilance: the acute effects of community violent crime on sleep and cortisol.Child Dev. 2018; 89: e323-e331
- Community violence concerns and adolescent sleep: physiological regulation and race as moderators.J Sleep Res. 2020; 29: e12897
- Perceived school safety, perceived neighborhood safety, and insufficient sleep among adolescents.Sleep Health. 2018; 4: 429-435
- Social determinants of inadequate sleep in US children and adolescents.Public Health. 2016; 138: 119-126
- The relationship between social fragmentation and sleep among adolescents living in Boston, Massachusetts.J Public Health (Oxf). 2014; 36: 587-598
- Examining family and neighborhood level predictors of sleep duration in urban youth.Fam Syst Health. 2018; 36: 439-450
- Examination of neighborhood disadvantage and sleep in a multi-ethnic cohort of adolescents.Health Place. 2017; 45: 39-45
- Impact of residential green space on sleep quality and sufficiency in children and adolescents residing in Australia and Germany.Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2020; 174894
- Street-view greenspace exposure and objective sleep characteristics among children.Environ Res. 2022; 214113744
- Associations of the residential built environment with adolescent sleep outcomes.Sleep. 2021; 44zsaa276
- Neighborhoods, daily activities, and measuring health risks experienced in urban environments.Soc Sci Med. 2010; 71: 1943-1950
- Sleep environments of children in an urban U.S. setting exposed to interpersonal violence.Behav Sleep Med. 2016; 14: 585-601
- Household chaos and sleep-disturbing behavior of family members: results of a pilot study of African American early adolescents.Sleep Health. 2017; 3: 84-89
- Tracking human activity and well-being in natural environments using wearable sensors and experience sampling.Soc Sci Med. 2014; 106: 83-92
- Research electronic data capture (REDCap)—a metadata-driven methodology and workflow process for providing translational research informatics support.J Biomed Inform. 2009; 42: 377-381
- AWARE: mobile context instrumentation framework.Front ICT. 2015; 2: 1-9
- Youth activity spaces and daily exposure to tobacco outlets.Health Place. 2015; 34: 30-33
- Association of environmental indicators with teen alcohol use and problem behavior: teens' observations vs. objectively-measured indicators.Health Place. 2017; 43: 151-157
diversitydatakids.org. Child Opportunity Index 2.0 Database. 2022. Available at: https://data.diversitydatakids.org/dataset/coi20-child-opportunity-index-2-0-database. Accessed April 20, 2022.
U.S. Department of Transportation. Bureau of Transportation Statistics. National Transportation Noise Map. Continental U.S. road, rail, and aviation noise, 2018. 2018. Available at: https://www.bts.gov/geospatial/national-transportation-noise-map. Accessed April 14, 2022.
OpenDataPhilly. Crime Incidents. 2020. Available at: https://www.opendataphilly.org/dataset/crime-incidents. Accessed April 20, 2022.
OpenDataPhilly. PPR Tree Canopy. 2018. Available at: https://www.opendataphilly.org/dataset/ppr-tree-canopy. Accessed April 20, 2022.
OpenDataPhilly. Litter Index. 2018. Available at: https://www.opendataphilly.org/dataset/litter-index. Accessed April 20, 2022.
Cabinet ZWL. 2019 Litter Index Report. Philadelphia, PA, 2019.
- Health impact assessment of Philadelphia's 2025 tree canopy cover goals.Lancet Planet Health. 2020; 4: e149-e157
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. Inforamation on levels of environmental noise requisite to protect public health and welfare with an adequare margin of safety. 1974.
- The association of urbanicity with infant sleep duration.Health Place. 2012; 18: 1000-1005
- Neighborhood disadvantage is associated with actigraphy-assessed sleep continuity and short sleep duration.Sleep. 2019; 42zsy140
- Performance of the modified Poisson regression approach for estimating relative risks from clustered prospective data.Am J Epidemiol. 2011; 174: 984-992
- Tracking adolescents with global positioning system-enabled cell phones to study contextual exposures and alcohol and marijuana use: a pilot study.J Adolesc Health. 2015; 57: 245-247
- Adolescent health-risk behavior and community disorder.PLoS One. 2013; 8: e77667
- Comparing residence-based to actual path-based methods for defining adolescents' environmental exposures using granular spatial data.Health Place. 2018; 49: 39-49
- Redefining exposure: using mobile technology and geospatial analysis to explore when and where Chicago adolescents are exposed to neighborhood characteristics.Am J Community Psychol. 2021; 68: 18-28
- Understanding racial differences in exposure to violent areas: integrating survey, smartphone, and administrative data resources.Ann Am Acad Pol Soc Sci. 2017; 669: 41-62
- Inferring mobility measures from GPS traces with missing data.Biostatistics. 2018; 21: e98-e112
- Innovation or violation? Leveraging mobile technology to conduct socially responsible community research.Am J Community Psychol. 2017; 60: 385-390
- The sleep environment and its association with externalizing behaviors in a sample of low-income adolescents.J Community Psychol. 2019; 47: 628-640
- Ecological momentary assessment of factors associated with water intake among adolescents with kidney stone disease.J Urol. 2019; 201: 606-614