Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Sleep Health: Journal of the National Sleep Foundation
- Mental health of deaf people.Lancet North Am Ed. 2012; 379: 1037-1044https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(11)61143-4
Barnett S, McKee M, Smith S, Pearson T. Deaf sign language users, health inequities, and public health: opportunity for social justice. Preventing Chronic Disease. 2011;8(2):A45–A45.
- The Global Problem of Insufficient Sleep and Its Serious Public Health Implications. 7. MDPI, 2018: 1
- Insomnia as a precipitating factor in new onset mental illness: a systematic review of recent findings.Curr Psychiatry Rep. 2017; 19: 1-11
- Epidemiology of sleep disorders.Handbook Clin Neurol. 2011; 98: 275-314
- Aspects of quality of life in persons with pre-lingual deafness using sign language: subjective wellbeing, ill-health symptoms, depression and insomnia.Arch Gerontol Geriatr. 2003; 37: 13-24
- Health disparities among adults with hearing loss: United States, 2000-2006.Health E-Stat. 2008; (Published online): 1-14
- Disparities in sleep health and potential intervention models: a focused review.Chest. 2021; 159: 1232-1240
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Behavioral risk factor surveillance survey. Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/brfss/, Accessed September 1, 2019.
- A new method for measuring daytime sleepiness: the Epworth sleepiness scale.Sleep. 1991; 14: 540-545
- The Pittsburgh sleep quality index: a new instrument for psychiatric practice and research.Psychiatry Res. 1989; 28: 193-213https://doi.org/10.1016/0165-1781(89)90047-4
- Insomnia: Psychological Assessment and Management.Guilford press, 1993
- Fear of sleep and nighttime vigilance in trauma-related insomnia: a preliminary report on the Fear of Sleep Inventory.Paper presented at Int Soc Trauma Stress Stud. Holywood. CA. 2006;
- Nightmare complaints in treatment-seeking patients in clinical sleep medicine settings: diagnostic and treatment implications.Sleep. 2006; 29: 1313-1319https://doi.org/10.1093/sleep/29.10.1313
- A global measure of perceived stress.J Health Soc Behav. 1983; 24: 385https://doi.org/10.2307/2136404
- The PHQ-9: a new depression diagnostic and severity measure.Psychiatric Ann. 2002; 32: 509-515
- Psychometric properties of the PTSD checklist—civilian version.J Trauma Stress. 2003; 16: 495-502
- Relationship of childhood abuse and household dysfunction to many of the leading causes of death in adults. The Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACE) Study.Am J Prev Med. 1998; 14: 245-258
- Use of actigraphy for the evaluation of sleep disorders and circadian rhythm sleep-wake disorders: an American Academy of Sleep Medicine systematic review, meta-analysis, and GRADE assessment.J Clin Sleep Med. 2018; 14: 1209-1230
- Exploring the feasibility and acceptability of a sleep wearable headband among a community sample of chronic pain individuals: an at-home observational study.Digital Health. 2022; 8: 1-13
- A psychometric study of the fear of sleep inventory-short form (FoSI-SF).J Clin Sleep Med. 2014; 10: 551-558https://doi.org/10.5664/jcsm.3710
- Prevalence and correlates of frequent nightmares: a community-based 2-phase study.Sleep. 2010; 33: 774-780
- Prevalence of anxiety or depression diagnosis in deaf adults.J Deaf Stud Deaf Educ. 2019; 24: 378-385
- Depression and sleep.Int J Mol Sci. 2019; 20: 607
- National Sleep Foundation's sleep quality recommendations: first report.Sleep Health. 2017; 3: 6-19
- National Sleep Foundation's sleep time duration recommendations: methodology and results summary.Sleep Health. 2015; 1: 40-43